Hope Tech Pro 5 Boost 6 Bolt Hubset - Pair
While the Pro 4 proved to be one of the most versatile and dependable hubs on the market, Hope is now offering the next evolution with the Pro 5. Building on the brand's 30+ years of manufacturing hubs, the Pro 5 is the combination of all its experience put into a product to meet and exceed the demands of current and future bike technology. The Pro 5 builds on this with improvements throughout, offering the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, durability and drag.
Real World Riding Benefits
One of the key design objectives for the Pro 5 was the reduction of drag in the drive mechanism. This has real world riding benefits and was achieved by upgrading the sealing with a new zero drag labyrinth seal, and an improved ratchet and pawl system, with new springs. Both greatly reduce drag as well as increase durability and load capacity when compared with the Pro 4.
Another big update comes in an increase in the points of engagement (from 44 to 108) using an offset 6 pawl freehub design, where 3 pawls are engaged at any time. This achieves the right balance between speed of pick-up, load capacity, drag & durability, and in real-world terms gives a speedy feel on the trail whilst keeping crank movement to an acceptable level without compromising the free running of the hub or its reliability.
Externally the shell takes a new profile to add stiffness without adding weight whilst housing a new axle design enabling the use of bigger bearings in a better arrangement to fit the latest freehub standards whilst increasing load capacity.
As with every product made at Hope durability and longevity are key. Everything about the Pro 5 has been considered, and tested to work in the worst conditions possible from seals to bearings....And eventually if something does wear out the Pro 5 is fully serviceable and rebuildable with simple tools, or if you need to change drivetrain standards one hub works with everything. So swapping freehubs is easily done, and changing end caps to suit different frame and fork axle standards future proofing your wheels.
Material: Forged 2014 T6 Aluminium billet
Use: Mountain Bike (MTB)
Brake Rotor Compatibility: 6-bolt disc brake
- Improved sealing to stop dirt ingress and to reduce drag.
- New Labyrinth seal has zero drag for incredible freewheeling performance.
- New Pawls/Springs design to increase longevity, load capacity & a reduction of drag.
- Increased engagement from 44 to 108 with a new offset 6 pawl freehub design.
- Wire cut pawls from high strength steel for maximum strength.
- New step down axle design for a stiffer more durable freehub.
- New hub body profile for increased stiffness without adding weight.
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable with simple tools.
- End spacers can be easily swapped to suit different frame and axle standards.
- 6 bolt disc fitting.
We use trusted third party logistics providers to deliver our goods. If you want to see your delivery terms, please visit our shipping information page before you place your order.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or other occurrences beyond our control for which we will not be responsible. Please see our shipping information page for further information.
||1-3 Business Days
Delivery time is based on date of courier pick up, not date of order.
- Packing and processing would take an estimate of 1-2 business days. A tracking will be updated once your order is processed and ready for courier pickup. Click "view / track your order" in the order confirmation email.
- Pick up by courier is done during business days. (Before 1pm). | Exclude public holidays
- Delivery is done between Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm, Sat 9am - 1pm.
- No delivery to restricted Areas such as: 1.Changi Airport / 2.Alps Ave / 3.Sentosa / 4.Jurong Island /5.Army Camps / etc...
- No changes to delivery address can be made after order is processed.
- Delivery time may be delayed due to unforseen operations issues. (Vehicle breakdown, festive season resulting in backlog, etc...)
- Compensation is capped at $100 for any lost or damaged parcel where the liability is due to our delivery partners. *Discretion of our delivery partner.
- Parcels exceeding 160 cm (L+B+H) or 15 kg will incurr additional charges. Alternatively, you may choose to self collect. Customers will be notified accordingly.
For delivery locations outside of Singapore, please contact us
. (Applicable to certain products only)